Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just bought a 2002 lancer ce coupe as my first car and i don't know much about Mitsubishi and the first two things i want to do is change the intake and exhaust to make it a bit more enjoyable to drive and im a bit confused on the fact that i can only find exhaust for the EVO so if some one can help it would be greatly appreciated since idk anything about lancer parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So i just bought a 2002 lancer ce coupe as my first car and i don't know much about Mitsubishi and the first two things i want to do is change the intake and exhaust to make it a bit more enjoyable to drive and im a bit confused on the fact that i can only find exhaust for the EVO so if some one can help it would be greatly appreciated since idk anything about lancer parts.
I hope community will help.

·
Super Moderator
2004 TL Magna(aka Diamante) AWD, 6g75 engine, F5A51 automatic trans.
184 Posts
I'm located in QLD 4680
You are further away than I thought.

However, try this(near me in Wollongong NSW):

The non-turbo extractors as listed would be the starting point for getting a new exhaust system.

I don't know if the listed extractor suppliers are able to help you with the remainder of the exhaust, but contact them and ask.

Make sure you give them exact and accurate vehicle information.

Gladstone 4680 is a reasonable sized town.

I was last there about 8 years ago.

There will not be much trouble finding a local exhaust shop to advise about fitting the extractors and the rest of the system.

Just leave the intake system standard.

Modified air intakes do not do much, if anything.

Don't be misled into fitting an "oiled pod" or similar replacement intake.

Just leave it alone.

Standard, unmodified air filter elements generally flow just as well as any "aftermarket" filter.

Potential gains are minimal, at best, so just save your money.

·
Super Moderator
2004 TL Magna(aka Diamante) AWD, 6g75 engine, F5A51 automatic trans.
184 Posts
I Live in sydney australia.
I got my wires crossed in replying to your post.

It was Blaketummons location that I was actually after, but it is always useful to know roughly where other Aussie members live.

In your case, as you live in Sydney, I have a better chance to direct Sydney residents to the workshops/aftermarket suppliers that I know about there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts