Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member "monomial" here from Sacramento Ca. I'm looking for a 1996 3000gt spyder VR4 (maybe a 1995), preferably red.

Are 1996's worth much more than 1995's?

Do you think it better to wait for a 96 or pick up a good 95 if found?

Any particular things to looks for when buying a Spyder?

Would appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Monomial

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just became an owner of a 1995 Spyder ...to go along with my 1995 VR4 and my 1999 VR4.... Yeah, I love these cars.
But, I have to sell one. The 1999 VR4 is Black and pristine. The 1995 VR4 Spyder is also Black and I am trying to get the roof fixed. Small job, but tough to find anyone who knows anything about them. I am going to sell one of them -- most likely the 1999 with 240,000 miles. Awesome car.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My boyfriend (Hans_GZP) and I both have spyders. I have a 95 Spyder SL, that I'm doing an AWD and twin turbo swap on (larger turbos, built engine, widebody, etc). My boyfriend has a black 96 Spyder that he's looking to sell. It's an SL, in absolutely PRISTINE condition (southern car, every bolt is still shiny, not a spec of rust, etc).

The 96 has a slightly redesigned roof system than the 95's. And there were fewer 96's than 95's. The 96 Spyder SL has the lowest production of any of the Spyders, if you're looking for rarity.

My boyfriend owns a 3000GT and Stealth shop and is relatively proficient with the Spyders (he's fixed 2 problematic/broken roofs and is in the midst of fixing his 3rd Spyder roof). If you need help or any advice pertaining to anything Spyder specific, you're welcome to get in touch with myself or him, and he'll help you out the best he can (you can either PM me here, or call him at his shop number, 610-438-0439).

-Emilie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts