Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all...

I have an '05 Limited 4x2, and I love it!

The OEM Bridgestones are nearing the end of what I consider safe tread at 19k, and living in Florida (Which is murder on tires and batterys), I'm shopping for new rubber.

I am usually a Goodyear Guy, have Assurance Triple Treads on my other vehicle ('02 Sebring Limited Convertible, which is a garage kept cherry with 21k) and really am impressed with the traction, especially handling torque-steer.

Since the Endeavor has TONS of Torque-steer, I am looking at Goodyear Fortera Triple-Tread's.

SO....who's got what in second tire sets? Any opinions/suggestions?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply. All my research indicates that the Goodyear Fortera tripple -Treads are the best for traction and ride well, so i ordered them last week. I'll have them on the vehicle Friday, and i'll post my results.

And by the way, in my own experience, I would not buy Continentals.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I honestly don't have a clue...but i am getting the new set mounted on Monday, and I'll ask my tire guy if he knows.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Duh, it hit me on the way home tonight....tpms=tire pressure monitoring system. ya DO have to hit me over the head with 2x4!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just put on new Firestone Destination LE's today, 235/65-17's. I haven't given them a real hard test yet, but driving around town on the way home I couldn't believe the difference. I wasn't expecting any difference at all, but I could totally feel it smoother and hear the road noise difference. I had Bridgestone Turanza's on there before, which we're fine, but very worn. So far so good for the Firestone's!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all I am getting ready to change my tires on my 06. Can anyone shed more light on the performance of the goodyears and firestones mentioned above?

I am interested in snow and mud performance in an all season tire. As we dont off road with a street SUV we do from time to time camp at remote locations where the roads are dirt etc.

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out a brand called Nokian. Their from Norway, I think. Good quality all weather tire. I don't know if you can get them in the States, but up here in Canada eh, they are available at Kal-Tire.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I also HAD the OEM Bridgestone Turanza's... 2 months after I bought my Endeavor they sent me off the road (regular canadian winter conditions) the insurance company said it was from the tires, they only had 40000K on them. After the accident I had a large gash in my sidewall so obviously I needed new rubber... I checked prices for the OEM Bridgestones ($400 a tire!) so I changed out the rubber and rims for not much more then the OEM's would have cost. I bought 22" D'vinci chrome wheels, they are wrapped with Falken Ziex S/TZ04 265/35/22R 102H M+S. I only have about 2000K on them but its all winter driving, these tires are wicked! I can barely make them spin in the snow with my AWD. I get some crazy looks riding around on 22's in the winter but these are the best riding tires i've ever had! I highly recommend them, they were bought from "KX Wheels" online (Surrey, BC)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
i got the Assurance Triple Treads on my 05 Endeavor and i love them....they make the car off road worthy, i take mine places it probably has no business going, i strongly recommend them

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anybody run larger tires? I am thinking of going up from the 235/65 size to a 235/70 or 235/75. I would like to fill out the wheel well area a little more without changing rim size.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts