Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! As stated in the title I am. New to this. I just recently got a 2010 lancer es with 150k miles and I believe it’s the 2.0 4b11 engine. I have recently been looking at buying my fathers Lexus gs300 because of 2jz blah blah whatever, I got the lancer instead and I was wondering how difficult is it to build and possibly boost this engine? I’m not looking for anything crazy I was hopefully looking for a possible 4-500? I have read that people can do as much a 6 or more? But I’m having a difficult time finding anything about working with the NA engine. Everything I’ve tried to find is all about the 4b11t which I do not have sadly. Any and all help is appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Unfortunately, if you wanted boost you should've gone with the Lexus or an Evo. Plenty of people with more experience than me will tell you you're gonna spend more money trying to boost the NA engine. Not to mention the wear on the drive line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it’s not really worth trying to do anything with this engine? I was thinking I would have to replace the transmission because it’s CVT anyway and those aren’t great for boost or power. I did find a turbo kit for this car but after that and exhaust work I’ll be looking at around 6k and I’ll only be around 300hp and I don’t think that’s worth it :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts