Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to this forum but after seaching the web for the past 2 years
Mitsubishi has actually come out with an ipod adapter for the Infinity head units on
GTS model galants.On the 2006 mitsubishi GTS galant list of options they have an ipod adapter for 258.00.I called my local mitsu dealer and he checked it out for me and he said yep ipod adapter for 04-06 models GTS and any other trim.He said the cost though was actually cheaper just buyimg it through the parts department than adding it on to a new car.The price through parts is 199.99
Hopes this helps alot of you out there who have been desperastely trying to find a solution

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you confirm that this worked? I visisted several dealerships and they looked at me like I had two heads. If not I guess its time to make that custom dash.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought the one from mitsubishiparts.net, but it hasn't arrived yet. I had it shipped 2 day air on dhl and it still hasn't arrived (up to 2 days late and counting). Anyway I have the 04 galant LS with infinity system, but most people say it only works with GTS so I emailed the website. They assured me that it will work. I guess we will see soon (hopefully). I will update when I get it hooked up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got it today, and just finished putting it in. It works GREAT!!! It was super easy to install. The hardest part was disconecting the battery!! It only plays albums and playlists, so i will have to figure that out. It only took me about 45 minutes to install, and that is with never doing audio stuff before, and it being dark and me having to use one of those flashlights that you shake. Recommended for all galant owners!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats!!! I went ahead and ordered mine as well, so I hope to have the same luck with my GTS.

Silly question, but is this ipod specific or will any mp3 player do? I've never had an ipod/mp3 player before as I am used to my changer and head unit being able to play them. If anything is allowed, I would like to explore my options for a player that will suit my needs.

Again, congrats and I am glad you got the face plate out okay without breaking it..lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ya that was another one of my concerns, but after the bottom started coming off the rest was a piece of cake. As for your question I do believe it is Ipod specific. On the box it came with it reads Ipod Adapter, and the plug that plugs into the mps player is just for an I pod. Looks like your options are limited. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got mine in..works great. The ipod is actually better than I expected so I am ok with it.

FYI to future visitors my headunit model is #MN141260 which is not one the list. People may say it will not work because of this, but it works just fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All!

I signed up for this site for this very reason...

Any idea if the unit will work with the head off a 2004 Diamante? Who do you contact and how???

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
ok im having a little trouble gettin all of this... is the adapter only for the gts??? or will it work with other models???? i have a de..... my does not have the infinity system

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would contact mitsubishiparts.net to see if it will work. I have the 04 galant ls with infinity system (but am changing it with Boston pro60's and 2 Infinity kappa perfect) with the infinity factory headunit and it works great. Installed in about 45 minutes and I'm a noob

·
Registered
8 Posts
im planning on buying this but, how do you guys go to aux mode... i cant find it on my 04 galant with the infinity stereo system....how does it go to the ipod setting..

·
Registered
22 Posts
You have to push the cd button. It is considered the CD 2 because of the wiring harness. Like the FM1, FM2, AM button, just press CD. To play the music you want, start playing the album you want and then connect it to the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I know this is an old discussion but...

I´ve just got a Galant GTS 2005 with the Infinity 6 disc charger, and I need the interface for the ipod, as I read in this tread there is an adapter for doing this.

My head unit is the MN141260 manufactured by matsushita

Can anyone help me solve the following doubts..

Does the adaptor mentioned in thos forum works for this HU.?

Where is the adaptor connected, is it in the 13 pin round input on the back of the unit..?

Does any one have the config. of this adapter ...?

In advance thank you very much for your help...

Best Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
People...

Please HElp...

Havent been able to find the correc adapter, does anyone have a picture or model number or reference

I have a Mitsubishi Galant GTS 2005 with the Infinity In Dash 6 CD Changer, at the time I am going with the FM modulator but it really Sucks

my headunit model is #MN141260 there is a message in the forum from Blardov that confirms that the adapter should work...

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, this is my first post.

Thanks to Justinrageth and others, I bought a MZ607411EX ipod adapter. Like Blardov, I have Head Unit #141260, and the Mitsubishi parts guy told me the ipod adapter wouldn't work with my Galant. But I bought it anyway, and it works great!

For anyone who has questions about what vehicle or stereo model number this ipod adapter will work with, I attached a PDF of the complete installation and operating manual to this post. If you look at the manual, you'll see that the ipod adapter works with many Mitsubishi vehicles - Eclipse, Endeavor, Galant, Lancer, Montero, Outlander. It also shows you the dip switch settings for different vehicles.

Thanks everyone, for helping me find this ipod adapter. You can control the ipod to go to the next song, or next playlist with the factory controls, including the steering wheel controls. It's great!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts