Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyboby:

I changed the spark plugs on my 4G93 engine (2000 mitsu mirage) last week and I found it had installed the NGK BKR5E-11, so i bought the same spark plugs and done.
But today i got the Autodata 2005 program and looking for the 4G93 engine, it says that uses the BKR6E-11.............so whats the right spark plug for the engine???

and........has anybody used Iridium spak plugs?? does it worth???

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have iridiums, they work fine, as long as the gap on the plugs is the same as the gap for the car its fine, i believe it was .44, just go to your local autozone or advanced and ask wat the gap for you car is supposed to be and they will hook u up

·
Registered
499 Posts
the spark plugs are the same.the only difference between the 2 is heat ranges which is why one is 5 and the other is 6 both will work but one runs a bit hotter.as for the iridium plugs,all newer mitsi vehicle use them as they last longer which is evident in the service intervals now.before plugs were changed every 18,000miles and now they are very 54,000.better value for money that way if you use them

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys.....next time I'll try the iridium.
last question.............., besides the longest life of the iridium spark plugs, is there any other benefit of it??? (better engine response, little bit more power????)

·
Registered
499 Posts
performance wise they are fairly equal but onbiously as they wear better the iridium plugs should produce a longer term "good spark" whereas your normal plugs will produce a slightly less efficient spark as they wear.this difference is VERY minimal in reality but still there

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since we talking spark plugs, is there a place online where i can find the gap required for my mirage 02, 1.8 LS. I got a repair book but it only mentions year 2000, and have not seen the 2002 available.

And if u got time, what does it mean when ur spark plugs have oil on them?

Thanks for any help,
If there is a book that has more info on my particular vehicle that would be great!

·
Registered
12 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melandmart4 @ Jul 19 2008, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Since we talking spark plugs, is there a place online where i can find the gap required for my mirage 02, 1.8 LS. I got a repair book but it only mentions year 2000, and have not seen the 2002 available.

And if u got time, what does it mean when ur spark plugs have oil on them?

Thanks for any help,
If there is a book that has more info on my particular vehicle that would be great![/b]

the plugs for lancers comes with 44-45 gap, ngk park plugs comes already gapped , oil means some kind of leaking, if you find oil in the threads of the SP, the maybe the seals on top of the valve cover may be leaking...look for new seals...its 4 seals..

·
Registered
3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panama-red @ Jan 21 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the plugs for lancers comes with 44-45 gap, ngk park plugs comes already gapped , oil means some kind of leaking, if you find oil in the threads of the SP, the maybe the seals on top of the valve cover may be leaking...look for new seals...its 4 seals..[/b]
Sorry I forgot to update this. I did as you said and well it was good as new after that. replaced the seals and replaced the valve cover gasket as well.

Thanks,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Get the NGK V-power if available (same # but will have a Y after the E). Just a bit more maybe but I find them to be best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts