Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to this forum but I've had my OZ for about 3 years now. The heat knob doesn't turn all the way to the right so no heat is able to come out. When I took it to the dealer he said that he'd seen it before and that it would cost about $850 to fix, thats just crazy. I was wondering if anyone knew of something I could do or if the same this has happened to your lancer. Thanks

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
See the attached TSB for info on this problem.

The dealer is probably the only way to fix it, unless you wanna buy the parts yourself and take it to another mechanic.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
you can first start with new linkage - about 15 dollars from the dealer. they changed the design to produce more torque on the door gears. it worked for me for a while - until my son forced it. unfortunately it costs so much because you have to remove the whole dash. look around-my dealer said 500-600 no more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i had my heater knob damaged and had no heat for a whole winter cuz my dealer wanted about 750-800 to do it and i said **** that.... so i talked to a local mechanic and he orderd the linkage part for like 20bucks and i took off the dash for him which was simple and then he just replaced it and did everything for me for like 50bucks....just look around for a lower local mechanic in your area to do it will be cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts