Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New here, so hopefully posting this in the right place.

Currently broken down on a 4000km trip to Perth for work.. looking for some expertise on a spark problem.

Vehicle details: 2004 Express van SJ (4g63 2.0 efi petrol 16 valve)

Currently have no spark coming from the coil - I turned into a reststop for the night then rolled to a stop as it cut power..? thought maybe a plug or lead came loose after hitting the gravel reststop..? cant find anything. recently had new coil, plugs and ignition leads as I had been having spark cut in and out while driving extended periods in 40°C+ and the leads/plugs needed love anyway.

Does anyone know what I could test for on the 4pin plug at distributor or 2pin and 3pin plugs at coil (I believe 3pin plug is an ignition control module of sorts, but as I mentioned earlier, the coil along with this 3pin unit are brand new)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to avoid paying for towing 2000km to reach our new jobs on time.. haha

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts

Currently broken down on a 4000km trip to Perth for work.. looking for some expertise on a spark problem.

Currently have no spark coming from the coil - I turned into a reststop for the night then rolled to a stop as it cut power..? thought maybe a plug or lead came loose after hitting the gravel reststop..? cant find anything. recently had new coil, plugs and ignition leads as I had been having spark cut in and out while driving extended periods in 40°C+ and the leads/plugs needed love anyway.

Does anyone know what I could test for on the 4pin plug at distributor or 2pin and 3pin plugs at coil (I believe 3pin plug is an ignition control module of sorts, but as I mentioned earlier, the coil along with this 3pin unit are brand new)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to avoid paying for towing 2000km to reach our new jobs on time.. haha

Thanks

Thanks

G'day mate did you find out what it was? Having an identical issue sadly?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts