Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I close any of the side doors I here a "knocking" sound somewhere around the taigate area. I think it has to be electrical. When more than 1 door is open it doesn't do it untill I close the last door. Anyone else run into this problem or is it normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I get the same sound, so it's not unique to your vehicle. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with the liftgate or anything, so I don't know that it's a big problem.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
the noise you're referring to is probably the pressurized air from shutting the cabin door exiting the 2 cabin vents located on the drivers side of the rear of the car (below the taillight).
it usually makes a "whump" type noise as the air exits, and the small flaps re-close.
totally normal.

of course, that may not be the noise in question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by manybrews@Dec 4 2006, 05:20 PM
the noise you're referring to is probably the pressurized air from shutting the cabin door exiting the 2 cabin vents located on the drivers side of the rear of the car (below the taillight).
it usually makes a "whump" type noise as the air exits, and the small flaps re-close.
totally normal.

of course, that may not be the noise in question.
[snapback]78194[/snapback]​

You're the man......I checked with my dealer today and he said the same thing. Makes sense now that I know. When a window is down it doesn't do it. Who would have thunk:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts