Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a noob, this is my first time joining a lancer forum and i got heaps n heaps of things to ask and learn from fellow members...

most importantly though...i want to install a cold air intake on my lancer...
looking around on ebay and on the web, i cannot find the right intake for my car. it says 2003-2005 2.4L or SOHC mivec or soemthing thats not what my car is.

i live in australia and the model might be different from others but these is what i kno about my car.

its a 2006 2.4L mivec lancer es. 5 speed manual........ thats all i know... LOL
oh these are some numbers i copied off my papers 6G69LS0749 and CH7M41

hope that helps

can any member direct me on how about getting a cold air intake for me please..... really appreciate it....

need to get a cold air intake asap b4 uni starts....i heard cold air intakes makes the car sound really good...

thanks alot

Jin

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hahaha! I need one too!
I have an 05 Lancer ES as well, and as far as I know... you'd need to get a universal intake (ask your local bodyshop and they can help).
It'll be easier for you since you're a manual (I'm an automatic and as far as I know, Injen makes one FOR my car, but it'll cost a pretty penny)

And they do make a car sound nice! You will noticeably hear a clean whirring sound of it sucking in the air to your engine! :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey, ive been doing some research myself and from what ive found, you cant get a cold air intake for an es, however, getting a short ram air intake will do the exactly the same thing, hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You can't get a cold air intake for the automatic tranny Lancer. You can get a cold air intake for the manual tranny Lancer (any Lancer).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts