Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Lancer OZ. How can you tell if your O2 sensors are bad? I've looked at a lot of discussions and saw that replacing broken ones helps gas mileage. Last time I filled up I added 10.3 gallons and I went about 275 miles before that which gives me about 27 mpg (not a terribly bad thing), but I have a friend with an 03 ES/LS who can go 350 miles and fill it up with 11.5 gallons (or so he claims) which gives him about 30.5 mpg. I've put fuel injector cleaner in the gas which has helped some, I think. Or is my gas mileage average? Any comments on the O2 sensors would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
371 Posts
depending on your mileage its always smart to replace them. at about 60K miles i was gettin crappy gas mileage, about 200miles to a tank. I ended up changing the plugs, ignition wires and also the front O2 sensor. And now i get about 270 miles to a full tank.

So what you are getting sounds about right. It all depends on your driving style, and where your driving.

How many miles on your car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's around 68000, but I do tend to mash the gas from time to time so I think you're right. I'm going to clean the throttle body today as well as put on a new intake that should be comming in soon. Thanks for the reply though, much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts