Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to give my Endeavor its first oil change at 3000 miles and was wondering what kind of oil you guys use. I shooting for Mobil 1 at this point.

·
Registered
34 Posts
synthetic seems like a good choice if you are going to continue with it. mobil 1 is the uncrowned king of synthetics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have a used Endeavor 2005 with 16,000 miles. I bought it with 13,000 miles and the dealer did an oil change. Can I switch over to synthetic oil at this point? If I use the Mobil 1, how long between changes?
I was visiting family in Europe this summer and they are under the belief that oil doesn't need to be changed before 25,000 miles. They asked what kind of cheap oil do we have in the states. In fact oil changes in Europe(Austria) cost about $100. Ouch!!!!.

Larry

·
Registered
13 Posts
I guess I'd always heard that you shouldn't put full synthetic oil in a new engine, because it's "too slick" and doesn't allow for normal engine break-in and piston ring wear. Am I off base here?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
there are WAY too many myths that are considered facts about synthetic motor oil.

Heres the truth. On an Endeavor, its a complete waste of money. the ONLY advantage synthetic has over "normal" oil is that it is better in extreme temp situations. Unless you drive in severe cold, you have no reason to use it, as your engine will not get to the extreme high temps that necessitate it.
you also cannot extend oil change intervals.
and you can easily use it from day one if you wish.

here. read this link.
http://www.nordicgroup.us/oil.htm#Problems%20with%20Coffee

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Originally posted by spinmaster71@Sep 4 2007, 04:04 PM
  I was visiting family in Europe this summer and they are under the belief that oil doesn't need to be changed before 25,000 miles. They asked what kind of cheap oil do we have in the states. In fact oil changes in Europe(Austria) cost about $100. Ouch!!!!.
Wow,dont know anyone who goes that long between oil changes!maybe on some diesels. oil change in europe would be more expensive,think its alot to do with the Taxes on the oil.Cost me about 40US for a gallon of oil,14US for a filter.We dont have anything like those jiffy lube chain stores that can do it regularly and cheaply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts