Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have a 2000, 2.4 gdi spacewagon, but have a problem. The oil light comes on but only when the engine is fully warmed up. It goes out intermittently. I suspect the oil level senser is faulty. Has anybody else had the same problem.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
I have seen most with loose connections or frayed wires, but i havent changed any oil pressure sensors yet on any , unless broke by accident etc, but anything is possible, the oil pressure switch is ground regulated and depending how low yur vehicle is idling when warmed up can cause the light to flicker when the switch isnt or have to much resistance on a low pressure when idling

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2001 Space Wagon (2.4GDI) has this problem on idle because the idle is too low. Mine frequently idles (when warm) at around 600 rpm. Don't know what the normal rpm is, but when it is cold the idle rpm appears to be close to 1000.

The local Mitsibushi garage had a look at a few weeks ago, and they told my this is probably because of a throttle house problem. Apparently, over time soot is being built up in the throttle house. Anyway, at the garage they figured I could carry on driving until the engine stops when idling, and then replace the throttle house. They also told me every 2.4GDI engine have these problems sooner or later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts