Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my car had 150K kilometers when the turbo broke, a bit later the distribution chain show attrition. Mitsubishi wants me to buy the new oild pump kit at a very high price, given that the old one is unavailable from Mitsubishi. I do not want to invest such a high amount of money in a car with that mileage and would like to find the original oil pump's reference, not the new. I would be happy if it lasts another 100K. However, Mitsubishi do not want to provide the old reference, only the new one that implieas changing many more parts and a lot more working hours. I wish I could find the original reference or any pointer to find the original oil pump. I have been told the old reference is 1060A294 but can't confirm, can anyone confirm this is the right one?

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
241 Posts
What model and engine is in your car? It seems you have a different concern, so i have moved your post to a new thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I wrote in that thread since my engine rattles as well now. That's the reason I took it to the garage, initially they said it was related to the distribution chain so they changed it. However, the sound is still the same and have been told it is related to the oil pump not working well (that's why the turbo broke). It seems that Mitsubishi identified the problem and has discontinued the old pump. Now they provide new oil pump and new system that implies a very expensive repair. My car model is 2011's 4N14 2.268 cm3, 130kv(177CV), ASG, 6 gear manual, 7 seat.

Given that I am reading many cases where the engine rattles due to the balancer shaft that are "easily" solved I am confused.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts