Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one has had some previous posts about it. My question is there a link between the high oil and DPF regen when there hasn’t been a DPF notification, also how many kms do owners get out of a set of injectors before replacing them ?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Administrator
2021 MR Triton
758 Posts
I have not heard of injectors being replaced on the 4N14 or 4N13 yet. A competant technician should be easily capable of diagnosing if the injectors are the cause.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roger that, is there a sensor for the oil level, it would seem likely? A reset was performed but it only lasted a few hours so it may need dealer attention to get deeper into ECM ?

·
Administrator
2021 MR Triton
758 Posts
There is not a sensor. When A DPF regeneration fails the ECU remembers how much extra fuel has gone into the engine to overheat the DPF, and ias it has failed it calculates how much fuel has gone into the oil.

A split intercooler hose by the throttle body is the most common cause, but any air leak in the intake system can cause it.

A sticking EGR is also another culprit, and an incidental fault could be a cracked leaky exhaust manifold at the EGR transfer port in the head.

A competent tech with a scan tool should be able to diagnose this from the data in the ecu

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the ASX is booked in, it looks like the scan tool used couldn’t wasn’t able to access the required depth of the ECU(is that a thing?)I will post the findings of the dealership once I have them.

·
Administrator
2021 MR Triton
758 Posts
I havent found anybody outside of the dealer network that has the required knowledge of DPF system operation to diagnose these efficiently. Every manufacturer does it differently, although the technology is the same.

I would be guessing at a toyota for example, same as a toyota tech wold not know about Mitsubishi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts