Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how I can get the old stereo to light up at night even though it's not in use? I installed a new stereo in the slot below the A/C controls and I still want my dash to light up properly. I also have an E Com error on my display screen that I would love to get rid of. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just learned to live with those issues when I installed my stereo in that slot. However, I think there's a post or two in one of the other stereo topics that addresses this... or at least the e-com message.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by shanghaistein@Jul 1 2007, 11:54 AM
Anyone know how I can get the old stereo to light up at night even though it's not in use?  I installed a new stereo in the slot below the A/C controls and I still want my dash to light up properly.  I also have an E Com error on my display screen that I would love to get rid of.  Any help would be appreciated.
[snapback]102894[/snapback]​

You need to still send power to the factory radio, constant power will take care of the E COM error and I believe it will allow the dash to light up as well. If it still doesn't light up try hooking up your accessory power and illumination wires as well. Either way, just a couple of wires will get rid of both your problems. I am an installer at Best Buy. You can go pick up a reverse Mitsubishi harness for 20 bucks and wire it up except for speaker outputs and keep the factory deck plugged in. That will take care of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts