Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing rear brake and rotors. I must have not put the car in correct service mode. rear piston is extended and will not retract. leaking small amount of brake fluid. I have put the tire and caliper back on but left rotor off because of no room for pads. Until I can find the correct plan of action. Do I need to buy a new rear caliper? Do off brank work? Can I try to repair this one? Im a novice and trying to avoid more damage to my situation. Any advise is well welcomed

Attachments

·
Administrator
2021 MR Triton
665 Posts
you will likely need a new caliper. the drive gear is quite strong, but if you try to push piston back in whilst not in service mode you will destroy the mechanism

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had th
I was changing rear brake and rotors. I must have not put the car in correct service mode. rear piston is extended and will not retract. leaking small amount of brake fluid. I have put the tire and caliper back on but left rotor off because of no room for pads. Until I can find the correct plan of action. Do I need to buy a new rear caliper? Do off brank work? Can I try to repair this one? Im a novice and trying to avoid more damage to my situation. Any advise is well
I was changing rear brake and rotors. I must have not put the car in correct service mode. rear piston is extended and will not retract. leaking small amount of brake fluid. I have put the tire and caliper back on but left rotor off because of no room for pads. Until I can find the correct plan of action. Do I need to buy a new rear caliper? Do off brank work? Can I try to repair this one? Im a novice and trying to avoid more damage to my situation. Any advise is well welcomed
This video was a tremendous help to me. I tried to do the same thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I was changing the brakes on my 2019 outlander and had the same issue on the passenger rear. The drivers side went just fine then the passage e caliper is out to far started to leak fluid and now is lose to the touch. Can anyone please help???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I was changing the brakes on my 2019 outlander and had the same issue on the passenger rear. The drivers side went just fine then the passage e caliper is out to far started to leak fluid and now is lose to the touch. Can anyone please help???
Use a t-30 star socket to remove the motor and crank the piston back. Easiest method. Now, looking at the pictures, you may have to take it to the dealer to have your computer reset ($114.00), after you reassemble your brakes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The dealership will need to reset that. Just tell them you need the computer reset. It cost me $114.00 for labor. You will have to tolerate an annoying beeping sound while driving, plus warning lights regarding your parking brake. Just ignore it the best you can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts