Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - having had an Outlander now for a couple of months I can honestly say that it's the best car that I have ever owned (2007 Mitsubishi Outlander Elegance - UK version)....So far. Apart from a small issue that's suddenly appeared due to some bad weather in the UK :( .

The alarm on the outlander seems too sensitive and has been getting set off by the bad rain which we've been having over the past couple of days.

The alarm seems to be too sensitive and I was awoken this morning (with probably the rest of the street) at 05:15 :wacko: by the car alarm going off because of the rain. It's not even as though we have had heavy winds which would rock the car, it's litterally just the rain that sets it off!!!....
I need some sleep :blink: can anyone help out and advise if theres a way of changing the sensitivity of the alarm slightly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have the issue with high sensitivity and it varies when it happens.
I park in the same place at work and when another car drives past it sets off the alram, but not all the time!
Sometimes just someone walking past will set it going!!
My dealer siad they need to set it off to find out the issue? and that sensitivity cannot be adjusted?

If any one knows any different or can help please post.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rubblepie @ Jul 29 2008, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I too have the issue with high sensitivity and it varies when it happens.
I park in the same place at work and when another car drives past it sets off the alram, but not all the time!
Sometimes just someone walking past will set it going!!
My dealer siad they need to set it off to find out the issue? and that sensitivity cannot be adjusted?

If any one knows any different or can help please post.

Thanks[/b]

I've had my Outlander Elegance (07) for six days now and I've had the alarm issue when parked in the rain. I'm not sure if the alarm is an optional extra from the factory because my insurance stated that the standard immobiliser was all that was required for my policy. In the handbook there is a small set of instructions for the alarm.
In the trouble shooting guide they say to watch how many times the indicators flash when you turn the alarm off, in my case 4 times showing that the alarm sensor in the bonnet was triggerd.
I tried disconnecting the wire on the switch that the bonnet presses on when it is closed, but still the problem continued.
I'm trying to find out how to disconnect the alarm altogether now to solve the problem.

The only gem of information I can pass on is to lock the car using the key in the drivers door. That way the alarm doesn't activate and the car is safe enough.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
i have an 07 outy (us version) and it just has a standard keyless entry..
and we get some pouring down rain here in sunny florida :thumbsup:

it sounds like maybe the dealer is adding an alarm onto your cars overthere...if so they should have an adjustment for sensitivity

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think ou will find it has a cobra upgrade added to the original locking system.
there is a microwave sensor which projects a ball of microwave into the cabin.
imagine a large balloon sitting on the dashboard and thats the effect the microwave has,but some energy passes through the glass and if it rains hard enough it interferes with the field..the unit is probably behind the interior lamp in the headcloth and should have an adjuster.
beware if you adjust it yourself because the unit will need to point in a certain direction, take note or mark it with tipex

·
Registered
2 Posts
How's it going,

Has anyone found a solution to our over sensitive alarms yet. I've not been able to try out what alamontana says yet because i've been stuck out at sea for the past few weeks. I think it is a Cobra alarm thats fitted to mine, but if any one knows how to disconnect it altogether that would be a good enough solution for me. I'll get back if I have any success.

Cheers

jp

·
Registered
8 Posts
in the out lander there are 2 microwave sensors in the head lining and when fit at portbury they dont set them up 100 percent all the time mitsubishi has released a news letter of this fix it means removing, adjusting a repositioning the sensors, they alarm goes off as the 2 sensor interfere with each other when its windy hope this helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
if u want to dissconnect the microwave sensors remove the front and rear courtesy lights and root around in the head lining and u will find 2 small black boxes with cobra written on them dissconect them tape down wires problem solved

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2007 Outlander Elegance also has the oversensitive alarm, it goes off (sometimes) with people walking past it.

Rather than having to turn it off which is difficult when I'm in the office I decided just to lock the car with the key, something I could do with my Audi S3.

Unfortunately if I use the key it only locks the drivers door and I have to lock the other 3 doors manually (doesn't include the tailgate though).

Am I missing something here, can the car be setup to close all doors just with the old fashioned key or is there a way to set the sensors?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts