Mitsubishi Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
mine has just gone and mistubishi says the part has been modified I presume cos of known failures. Ive been quoted over £2000 for the modified parts. my car is on 11 plate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Dave for letting me know I have just had mine fixed and I managed to haggle on the price but if this is a manufacture fault I just hope I can get all my money back but I will keep looking into this issue as it seems that the newer cars are the ones with the problems
pls let me know how you get on with getting your money back

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have a look at my post,
Strange noise Outlander GX4 2014 2.2 Di D
After a lot of searching on the internet ......... I've added a YouTube link in that that may be of help for this problem. There is a great deal of information and hints of how to solve this problem. Hope this is of help!
UPDATE
I've just replaced the balance shaft link (£43 from Japan) thought I'd try this before anything else. I think I caught it in it's early stage of wear as all the gears either side of the shaft looked fine with no missing teeth and no noticeable wear to the housings. Up to now the engine sounds fine and have taken it for a short spin and all looks ok at the moment. I will update if anything untowards happens. Thanks to all that have put information and input concerning this problem, I wouldn't have been able to this without your advise etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Mine has just gone on my Outlander and i'm waiting for Exeter Mitsubishi to look at it - what did it cost you to repair?
Thanks
Hello, can I ask how you found out this was the problem? As I think mine has gone and was wondering if there is a way of definitely knowing without paying Mitsubishi loads to just find out

21 - 24 of 24 Posts