Mitsubishi Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
It was an ex-Mitsubishi mechanic in his own garage that suggested it, so I agreed and he just removed it. To remove it and including repairing the damage done when it broke was approx. €2500.
Thanks for the details. I guess I need someone who really knows what they are doing, not just any mechanic. At least I have an idea of price...

Do you still have the car or have you moved on? My car is only showing signs of the issue so I have the option of part exchanging it against another car...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ouch! I was hoping for some good news!! Thanks for replying though.
I guess I am trying to find out of the car is worth repairing and keeping or if I should get rid now...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks Dave for letting me know I have just had mine fixed and I managed to haggle on the price but if this is a manufacture fault I just hope I can get all my money back but I will keep looking into this issue as it seems that the newer cars are the ones with the problems
How did you get on? I have just been made a "goodwill" offer from Mitsubishi off £600 towards repairs that will still total £3k. Really disappointed. I spoke to customer services and they wouldn't budge. My car is 63 plate, 61k miles and FSH with the dealership. I have really looked after the car so was hoping for a bit more... I even told them that I would be trading the car in and going to a different brand if this was the company response so as not to cost me a penny. I don't expect to hear back so that may be me done with this brand costing them more money in the future. Honda here I come!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Can’t seem to find that YouTube link here !!
can you post it please,
Thanks,
Have a look at my post,
Strange noise Outlander GX4 2014 2.2 Di D
After a lot of searching on the internet ......... I've added a YouTube link in that that may be of help for this problem. There is a great deal of information and hints of how to solve this problem. Hope this is of help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
Can’t seem to find that YouTube link here !!
can you post it please,
Thanks,
Copy and paste “Strange noise Outlander GX4 2014 2.2 Di D” into google. You’ll find the video. It doesn’t show you how to fix it.
I traded my outlander in and bought a Honda CR-V. Really disappointed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How did you get on? I have just been made a "goodwill" offer from Mitsubishi off £600 towards repairs that will still total £3k. Really disappointed. I spoke to customer services and they wouldn't budge. My car is 63 plate, 61k miles and FSH with the dealership. I have really looked after the car so was hoping for a bit more... I even told them that I would be trading the car in and going to a different brand if this was the company response so as not to cost me a penny. I don't expect to hear back so that may be me done with this brand costing them more money in the future. Honda here I come!!
Hi I haven’t got anything not even an letter or email stating they would look into my complaint I am gutted as I paid £5k for the repairs which I feel I should never of had to pay out but glad you got a good will gesture

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi I haven’t got anything not even an letter or email stating they would look into my complaint I am gutted as I paid £5k for the repairs which I feel I should never of had to pay out but glad you got a good will gesture
That is a shame. They did only offer £600... I’ve sold it and bought a Honda rather than pay for the work.
I’ve heard from more than one person in the know that Mitsubishi are pulling out of Europe shortly so may not be looking to spend anything at all where they can avoid it and won’t be around to support customers in the future. Shame really, I loved the brand (had a lancer before kids) until this. I was going to upgrade to a shogun next year. Never buying this brand again now.
All the best.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts