Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I hope someone can help me with a problem we have with our Outlander GX4h PHEV (2016).

It has a pre-heater fitted which worked when we first bought the car but has stopped working.

The conditional system starts up correctly, according to the schedule set in the app. The system is set to blow hot air for half an hour. When activated we leave the car alone, don't open doors etc. But it only blows unheated air.

Can someone let me know:
Where in the car the pre-heater is located.
What type of device it is, voltage (runs off motive battery or accessory battery?
Had a similar problem?

Some silly mistake I have made?

Any help appreciated.

Nigel

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
362 Posts
The heating elements run off the 12v system as do all the cars electrics. The traction battery is used for propelling the vehicle only

It has probably been turned off in your MMCS/SDA settings

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The heating elements run off the 12v system as do all the cars electrics. The traction battery is used for propelling the vehicle only

It has probably been turned off in your MMCS/SDA settings
Thank you for your answer.

Is there a setting in the mmcs/sda that overrides what the app shows?

When scheduled, the system comes on and blows air, but it's cold air not hot, even though the app shows the air flowing as red for hot.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
362 Posts
There is. I would be checking the settings in the MMCS/SDA first before using the app. Confirm that the vehicle is doing what it should first. Even the smallest change in a setting can mess up the way things work.

At our dealer, our demo PHEV went out on test over a weekend, and the customer played with SDA settings, and when it came back the battery wouldnt charge when plugged in. The salesman didnt say anything and a week later when they went to demo it again they rushed into our workshop complaining that the battery was flat and we had to fix it in next 10 minutes, as the customer was expecting a fully charged battery.

Well we found the timer had been messed with, so reset that and got it on our fast charger. Wasnt a full charge, but enough.

It might be worth contemplating a full reset of your MMCS/SDA, just in case something has changed. This will not break anything, although you will need to re-pair your phones and you will lose your economy info

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is. I would be checking the settings in the MMCS/SDA first before using the app. Confirm that the vehicle is doing what it should first. Even the smallest change in a setting can mess up the way things work.

At our dealer, our demo PHEV went out on test over a weekend, and the customer played with SDA settings, and when it came back the battery wouldnt charge when plugged in. The salesman didnt say anything and a week later when they went to demo it again they rushed into our workshop complaining that the battery was flat and we had to fix it in next 10 minutes, as the customer was expecting a fully charged battery.

Well we found the timer had been messed with, so reset that and got it on our fast charger. Wasnt a full charge, but enough.

It might be worth contemplating a full reset of your MMCS/SDA, just in case something has changed. This will not break anything, although you will need to re-pair your phones and you will lose your economy info
Thank you for the suggestions. It's the weekend, so have some time free tomorrow!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts