Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am desperately trying to get my rear problems sorted out in my 2005 AWD Outlander. I have replaced the bushings in the front mounts several months back and it lessened the problem but it still persists. I only recently learned about the mustache bar bushings and I now have them on order and will install within the next week. I plan to remove 8 bolts from the sub frame and then remove the mustache bar, press in the new bushings and then reinstall. I am a novice mechanic at best so please be honest and feel free to ask me obvious questions as I am no the best at this stuff...Here are my questions...First, I took some photos the other day of my front bushings...They look like they have too much open space but perhaps not? Can someone look at my pics and tell me if those installs look ok or not? And second, if I replace the mustache bar bushings do you think my problems should be solved? My car rear wheels chatter from a dead start. Thanks so much for the help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All,

I am desperately trying to get my rear problems sorted out in my 2005 AWD Outlander. I have replaced the bushings in the front mounts several months back and it lessened the problem but it still persists. I only recently learned about the mustache bar bushings and I now have them on order and will install within the next week. I plan to remove 8 bolts from the sub frame and then remove the mustache bar, press in the new bushings and then reinstall. I am a novice mechanic at best so please be honest and feel free to ask me obvious questions as I am no the best at this stuff...Here are my questions...First, I took some photos the other day of my front bushings...They look like they have too much open space but perhaps not? Can someone look at my pics and tell me if those installs look ok or not? And second, if I replace the mustache bar bushings do you think my problems should be solved? My car rear wheels chatter from a dead start. Thanks so much for the help!
Forgot my pics! 20200325_120945.jpg 20200325_121001.jpg 20200325_120945.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts