Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been battling the "Service Engine Soon" light with the following ODB2 code P2096 for almost 6 months. P2096: Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 1. The vehicle has around 100k miles on it, but seems to run fine and there are no fuel economy issues. The light does not blink. I roughly get 23-27 miles per gallon. I replaced the following parts and still no luck:

-Engine Air Filter
-Spark Plugs
-Upstream 02 sensor (The service engine soon light went off for about 600 miles after replacing O2 sensor.)
-Gas Cap
-Cabin Filter
-Changed the oil and filter
We drove the car roughly 1000 miles to Florida when we took my daughter to college. She is currently driving it there. I'm worried that something may happen on her way back home at Christmas. Any ideas on what else it could be?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been battling the "Service Engine Soon" light with the following ODB2 code P2096 for almost 6 months. P2096: Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 1. The vehicle has around 100k miles on it, but seems to run fine and there are no fuel economy issues. The light does not blink. I roughly get 23-27 miles per gallon. I replaced the following parts and still no luck:

-Engine Air Filter
-Spark Plugs
-Upstream 02 sensor (The service engine soon light went off for about 600 miles after replacing O2 sensor.)
-Gas Cap
-Cabin Filter
-Changed the oil and filter
We drove the car roughly 1000 miles to Florida when we took my daughter to college. She is currently driving it there. I'm worried that something may happen on her way back home at Christmas. Any ideas on what else it could be?
Other things that could be tried:

Repairing a vacuum or other hose/line leak.

Replacing the catalytic converter.

Replacing the fuel filter (depending on your vehicle, you might need this fuel filter instead), fuel pump (if that is not the right one, it might be this fuel pump), or fuel pressure regulator.

Replacing the oxygen sensor (if that's not the right one, try this oxygen sensor) or mass airflow sensor.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Check with Mitsubishi dealers if you still have the Federally Mandated Warranty for Emission Controls cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts