Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opening this new topic in order to share with all outy turbo Owners some interesting info as of the outy turbo total improvement, ie engine tuning (including intercooler front mounted), remapping of the ecu, brakes upgrade, total exhaust system etc.
Starting with a photo whithout the front bumper to evaluate whether it is possible to fit an ix evo intercooler or not:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hello,

Nice cooler :) Coud use the Evo pipes on the upper side ? How is turbolag change, coud the small TD04 turbo feel the cooler ? The power ? :)

Yesterday my friends Outlander got an ecutek, impressive change exspecially after 3000RPM the car is pull until 7000 hard :)) The car have a 2,5" downpipe and cat eliminate pipe :)

How have new Ecu program how big is the boost at 5000 RPM ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pipes length didn't change in fact, so lag is the same but the engine is working much more safer now due to cooling effect.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going a bit further now dealing with evo viii front calipers/pads in conjunction with ml mercedes disk plates.

Incredible result:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice job, coud be a great Outlander :) Did you need any bracket/adapter to mount the brembo calipers ? Why Mercedes ML disk why not Evo ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by TURBO MITSU@May 23 2008, 02:05 PM
Nice job, coud be a great Outlander :) Did you need any bracket/adapter to mount the brembo calipers ? Why Mercedes ML disk why not Evo ?
[snapback]167052[/snapback]​
Adapters used yes, but evo brake disc rotors do not fit our car!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by TURBO MITSU@May 23 2008, 04:48 PM
why not ? what is the problem with it ?
[snapback]167081[/snapback]​
The problem is the offset of the evo's plates where the calipers hits the inner side of the standard rims, while in ML's plates case fits as is.
Of course new adapters constructed in order to fit the calipers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's right, using evo's rims, you may install also both discs and calipers without problem.
It has been fitted onboard a friends outy turbo also...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Further news from Athens...

Ak*** already installed front mounted intercooler (bigger than standard) two days ago, claiming that boost dropped down to 0.9 from 1.1 set before.

He will visit the local tuner in due course in order to have her retuned.

Rvtg with pics captured... and output power once available.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarcinR @ Nov 22 2008, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi Evolander could you tell me what are those adapters ?? where can i buy it??[/b]
Adapters means the construction should the brembo calipers be bolted on.

Factory calipers got a specific size/dia against brembo's ones that should be mounted now.

The construction/fabrication of the adapters made by those fixed up the brembo kit. Cost is minor.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Next week my car has been arranged for parallel ecu and apexi avcr installation.
My engineer is talking about 280-300 bhp for above, with option to upgrade with evo 8 turbine and injectors later and gain upto 370 bhp

·
Registered
276 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Evolander @ Jan 5 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Next week my car has been arranged for parallel ecu and apexi avcr installation.
My engineer is talking about 280-300 bhp for above, with option to upgrade with evo 8 turbine and injectors later and gain upto 370 bhp[/b]

but u have the outlander or airtrek turbo ? The parallel ecu is a piggyback ecu like the greddy emanage ? Do you have ecu pin out for the Outlander turbo ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TURBO MITSU @ Jan 8 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
but u have the outlander or airtrek turbo ? The parallel ecu is a piggyback ecu like the greddy emanage ? Do you have ecu pin out for the Outlander turbo ?[/b]
As far as I heared they will mount greddy parallel and outlander's ecu got 5 ports against evo 9 which has limited to three.

Anybody knows what is the factory turbo pressure set for our outlander turbo?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts