Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my transmision Rebuilt and i noticed that the overdrive won't engage what areas can i check to make sure nothing is unpuggled or broken?

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
Wut is it doing? Not doing? When it goes to shift into 4th gear , is it going into "neutral" when the overdrive button is on? Like there is no gear when it gets to 4th and overdrive? When overdrive is off the transmission will shift onlee 3 gears. 1st , 2nd and 3rd. When the overdrive is on it will shift to 4th and then engage the over run clutch for over drive. Its a hard one , well not actually. There is a main connector . There could be debris in the valve body near the , not supplying pressure to the drum for these gear yu need.

Could be a small number of things. All depends on how thoroughly the transmission was rebuilt. Yu can check the connector at the transmission. Or the neutral safety switches position on the transmission. Wut exactlly is it doing , it shifts 1-3rd or 1-4th gear but not going into overdrive or goes into a no gear issue when its spossed to go into overdrive?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well she does not **** into Overdrive and the overdrive is suposed to engange at like 55 mph and i've chked to see if now that the tranny is fixed if it engages at a higher speed but i've gone up to 85 mph and nothing, and i need to get this issue fixed beacuse where i live it's all highway and sicen the overdrive does not engage the when i'm going like 65 the engine speed is like @4300 rpm and that's not that high but, when i do that 4 days a week for 3 hours that it takes me to get to work and come back the engine wear and tear is higher and fuel consuption is even higher!

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
Okies this can be possibly an issue. have yu checked the fuse for OD? sum the older models had it. Also a faulty OD switch can cause this issue. Wut seems to be happening is that it is shifting 1-2, then 2-3 but not shifting to 4th and then engaging into overdrive.
Overdrive is part of the 4th gear over run clutches. But seems its not shifting past 3rd as if like the overdrive button is not pressed or working. I would check the housing plug in at the transmission to make sure that teh connector for it is properly plugged in also after checking the other things.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Ill repeat myself, because people apparently dont read.

its probably going to be the COOLANT TEMP SENSOR for the trans. its located (with other) around the t-stat housing.

a common failure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read it dude chill!!

Thank you!

But my question is this where can i find the t-stat housin cus i really don't know that much about where i have to look to find that!

KiT TeUnG 2549

Hei where can i find the fuse for the od cus i cheked the fuse box and there's nothing, and the od botton works cus when I turn it off a light on the dash that says OD turns on so i think it aint the botton!
Off

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
if you dont have at least a basic knowledge of a car, you probably would be advised to take it to someone that does before some damage occurs.

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
Id have to agree with manybrews , if yu had it services/rebuilt id take it back there for sure. Id tell yu to check yur detent cable seetings but i think thats a little over yur head. Lots of these older model transmissions on these years had detent cables. if the tranny was put on and the detent cable is overly adjusted , it will keep too high of pressure in the valve body and not let t select forth and overdrive. Thats my onlee other observation of it. But yeah id take it to who rebuilt it , or sumone that knows about thses type of transmissions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ill repeat myself, because people apparently dont read.

its probably going to be the COOLANT TEMP SENSOR for the trans. its located (with other) around the t-stat housing.

a common failure.
  • I hope you're still active on here but I'm having all the same issues but I'm unsure of where you are talking about to fine "t-stat housing"
  • Is it the plug right next to the in cab temp gauge?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm going to bump this because it's all the same issues I'm Having but my pajero 99 nl will some times stall when put into drive or reverse some times and some times the car won't start either

1 - 12 of 12 Posts