Mitsubishi Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Express MWB 2.4 EFI with a 4 speed auto.
After having the crank gear replaced on the engine the car will no longer go into overdrive.

It was working perfectly before the crank gear rotated off the key (long story) so I am assuming that a sensor was not put back on or something is not properly adjusted since the repair. I can't take it back to the mechanic as the car was repaired interstate while on holiday.

The other thing is that it tends to shift very quickly through the gears until it gets to 3rd, not sure if this is a symptom. All other gears work exactly as normal and as I said before the break down the O/D was great.

The dash light goes on and off when you flick the switch but nothing happens it just keeps driving along in third.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have you checked that he connected all the plugs back onto the gearbox? If he's left the overdrive plug off then it'll have the symptons you describe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all,

thanks for all your ideas. I checked each one out and couldn't get anywhere. Finally gave up and sent it to mechanic on Friday.

I haven't had a chance to check what he said to make sure I understood it properly but here is the summary:
1. He checked all connections and found nothing missing
2. Decided to check the relays under the shifter and found they worked
3. But did find a relay connection that looked like it was missing a wire
4. Looked up a workshop manual (but not for my van model) and believes it should have been running to ground
5. Hooked up a wire direct from relay terminal to ground and now the overdrive works perfectly

I have been meaning to pull off the cover and look at what he did but haven't had time. He was very confused as to why the wire should be missing and also said I should be a bit wary and make sure everything does act as it should.

So hopefully that has resolved the issue.

Thanks again for all your input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.