Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone added slightly oversized and/or more aggressive tires to their Endeavor? I do a lot of camping and skiing, so I'm driving on dirt roads and snow a lot, and was thinking about putting something a little more offroad-worthy on my 06 LS. Any experience with this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
You might want to be careful about off-roading...The Endeavor isn't really suitable for much more than a rough road. It's a great Urban/Suburban/Highway vehicle, but not suitable for truck territory. Remember, it's built on the Galant car platform, not the Montero truck platform. Just because it's offered with AWD doesn't mean it's suitable for All-Terrain driving..

·
Registered
34 Posts
just this past memorial day weekend we went down to gatlingburg. we ended up driving through an off roaded area and i have got to tell you, it can't take it well. of course we had the stock tires, but the suspension doesnt seem very happy with off roading. plus you may screw up your alignment.

i drove the land rover lr2 through the same area and there was a difference. ofcourse its 10k more expensive. but there is a difference between crossovers and suvs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I slipped with the "offroad-worthy". I don't intend to go mudding or anything. I do end up in places where I'm driving on dirt roads around campgrounds or snow-covered roads around ski resorts, however. Nothing I do intentionally will mess with the suspension. (I used to have a Wrangler for that sort of thing, and would buy another if I had the time/energy to devote to that). I'm just hoping someone has put something a little larger with a little more aggressive tread on theirs and can relate their experience.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I posted a similar question on the forum. I'm due for new rubber, and I'm likely going with the Goodyear Fortera Triple-tread's. I have them (Assurance triple-tread) on my Convertible and they really grip, and handle torque-steer very well. With the torque-steer on the Endeavor, that's a big plus.

They're probably about the best design for the Endeavor...and the Michilins are ridiculously expensive for the same sort of tire. If you go with a truck tire, you are going to sacrifice comfort, sound and handling.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got the triple-treads on yesterday, and so far my experience is this: these are the best tires for the Endeavor, period. Superb road grip and wet traction, improved ride over the factory crap (I should mention that I have nitrogen-fill in these and all my vehicles. It DOES improve mileage a bit, say 10% tops, and greatly improves handling. plus, you don't have to check the pressure as often, which is a pain in the butt in Florida. i've been using it for over a year and stand-by this)

In what may be the ultimate torque-steer test, I floored it from a standing stop with the wheel fully racked over and the tires dug in and only chirped once. The issue changed from traction to not rolling the vehicle! You couldn't transfer all of that torque to the Bridgestones!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts