Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I have a 2014 Pajero and my keys have stopped working to open the locks remotely. Over the summer I had the battery removed from the car as we dont use it for 3 months and it gets to 50 degrees heat.

I have replaced the batteries in the keys, and I have checked the fuses. All looks good. The conclusion I have come to is either the remote sensor is broken or the car doesn't recognize the keys anymore, possibly because of all the battery changing in all of the separate components!

Does anybody have any suggestions for how I can fix this please? I have watched a bunch of YouTube videos but they are rarely specific to the Pajero and none of the generic Mitsubishi ones I found are for cars as 'new' as mine.

Thanks so much,
Bogo

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
222 Posts
Do you have the flip type key that unfolds?

Reactions: Bogomip

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi DibbyDibbyDJ,

No, its the fixed key with two buttons. Not flippable.

Thanks,
Bogo

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
222 Posts
Just double check batteries are right way round. Red lights should light when button pressed. If the do then they may just need recoding. I have heard of them going out of sync.

You could also try, if red lights do come on, pressing them lots of times alternatly. ie, one key , then the other

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The red lights never worked, even when the key worked just fine. I just got them that way!

I have tried changing the direction of the battery to no avail, and pressing them lots of time. How do you recode the keys? Can you do that yourself?

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
222 Posts
No, you need a code and the diag tool to do it

·
Registered
05/97 verada sedan ei might aswell call it 98
11 Posts
Hi all,

So I have a 2014 Pajero and my keys have stopped working to open the locks remotely. Over the summer I had the battery removed from the car as we dont use it for 3 months and it gets to 50 degrees heat.

I have replaced the batteries in the keys, and I have checked the fuses. All looks good. The conclusion I have come to is either the remote sensor is broken or the car doesn't recognize the keys anymore, possibly because of all the battery changing in all of the separate components!

Does anybody have any suggestions for how I can fix this please? I have watched a bunch of YouTube videos but they are rarely specific to the Pajero and none of the generic Mitsubishi ones I found are for cars as 'new' as mine.

Thanks so much,
Bogo
Try getting new key blank from ebay and swap the case if applicable then replace battery with new, see if works just did that on bt50

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank Duf_Beer, but I think at this point I am going to get it fixed at the garage when I get my yearly service done. We dont have a great online marketplace where I live... ebay isn't very cheap to get things shipped to us, but the country does have an abundance of Pajeros and people capable of fixing them, so we will see what happens there.

For now I will have to unlock the door manually :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts