Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Mitsubishi Lovers, Glad to find this Mitsubishi dedicated Forum.

Here is my problem:

I have a 2016 Pajero GLS V6 3.8L (Odometer is 48,000 KM / 30,000 miles).

Just started lately hearing a loud annoying rattling noise coming from rear of the vehicle, appears to be coming from rear left and right Wheel wells. Noise happens only when I drive thru a pothole (with any/all rear wheels) at speeds above 40 KM/25 mph. Noise is not heard if vehicle is driven over a speed bump. The noise sounds like a rattling squeaking metal.

I had 3 mechanics check my Pajero but no one is able to find anything unusual. They have checked and tightened almost everything in rear chassis. Exhaust, Ball Joints and bushings seem fine. Was also told no one has ever heard this kind of noise before.

Anybody has any idea what could be causing that noise? Anybody heard of such problem before?

I do appreciate your reply and ideas,

Thanks is advance,

Pajeroo16

·
Registered
2 Posts

Here is my problem:

Just started lately hearing a loud annoying rattling noise coming from rear of the vehicle, appears to be coming from rear left and right Wheel wells. Noise happens only when I drive thru a pothole (with any/all rear wheels) at speeds above 40 KM/25 mph. Noise is not heard if vehicle is driven over a speed bump. The noise sounds like a rattling squeaking metal.

I had 3 mechanics check my Pajero but no one is able to find anything unusual. They have checked and tightened almost everything in rear chassis. Exhaust, Ball Joints and bushings seem fine. Was also told no one has ever heard this kind of noise before.

Anybody has any idea what could be causing that noise? Anybody heard of such problem before?

Thanks is advance,

Pajeroo16

Here is my problem:

Thanks is advance,

Pajeroo16
Thank God....... I thought I was the only one. I’ve had this same noise developing on my 2018 Pajero and I can’t work it out. It is getting more noticeable of late, particularly on sharp bumps and corrugations. Sounds like metal washers rattling on a bolt so something is definitely worn or loose. Paj has 125k on it. Considering sending it to local Pedders workshop as they have a machine they can put the car on and shake the **** out of it to check for worn shocks. I’m hoping the sound will replicate during this process so they can pin point where it’s coming from.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
362 Posts
if you look up by the rear exhaust, you can see two bolt that go up into the floor through the towbar.. Both bolts should have washers on them, but the rearmost might need an extra washer, as the bolt sometimes can bottom out on the chassis rail before it gets tight enough. Dealer that fitted the towbar SHOULD know about this, and fit an extra washer at fitting just in case

1 - 5 of 5 Posts