Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! im having 2000 pajero io Auto Transmission and i used 4wd in sand but when i wanted to return it to normal mode (2hl) i couldnt move the 4wd gear back and its locked! in the in dicator also 4 green wheels are on. i had used the super select 4wd system so many times before but never i had such this problem. can any body help me with it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Eaiset way to de-select the 4WD mode, is to select "N" on the automatic transmission, pull the transfer lever back as far as it will go, and select "R" and a quick jab at the throttle, usually does the trick. ;)

2005 Pajero iO owner

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem its seems that the selector stuck at 4wd and its very close to the hand brake!! how i can fix it??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, engaged 4wd to drive down a beach, and now the lever won't buge and can't get 4wd to disengage

anyone got a diagnosis or fix for this !

cheers
John

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all,

i am having the same problem that you guys had with your Pajero Io where the 4wd gear lever was locked and was not returning to the 2H mode. so i thought to consult from you all about wot i cud do in order to resolve this problem as you all must have got it resolved .. it is still in 4H mode and 4 green lights are lit on the dashboard panel. It would be really appreciated if any one of you can guide me about the problem as i am really worried wot to do about it befor i cud let any mechanic to experiment upon my pajero i.o.

waiting for reply eagerly

Best Regards
Atif

·
Registered
1 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AKpro @ Jan 28 2008, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi everybody! im having 2000 pajero io Auto Transmission and i used 4wd in sand but when i wanted to return it to normal mode (2hl) i couldnt move the 4wd gear back and its locked! in the in dicator also 4 green wheels are on. i had used the super select 4wd system so many times before but never i had such this problem. can any body help me with it?[/b]

·
Registered
2001 Mitsubishi Challenger PA, 3.0 litre V6 Automatic SUV
2 Posts
Just had the same issue on my 2001 Mitsubishi Challenger PA. Started out with a flashing 4WD indicator light then no light at all. Replaced the diff lock solenoid but then 4WD selector got stuck in 4L so couldn't drive over 50klms per hour.

However I quickly solved that issue by disassembling my 4WD selector assembly and disengaged the 4WD putting it back into 2H then reassembled the selector and all is working find now except the indicator light which might be an electrical problem.

CAUTION. Do not remove the three nuts (30793S) at the base of the selector (30611) or the bolts (30798T) will fall down inside your transmission. Only remove the 4 bolts (30798X) holding the assembly plate (30641) to the transmission.

Just waiting for a new diagnostics scanner to arrive so I can troubleshoot the rest of the transmission and transfer case to make sure there are no more issues. So hopefully this helps a few other people out who have the same types of problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts