Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Pajero IO. The car rumbles, loses power and the engine warning light comes on. Has anyone else had this problem. The vehicle was originaly from Japan.

·
Registered
88 Posts
a hello to you,yes i am currently have that problem too,lol,check the fuel and pump assemble that is in the tank,remove the back seat,it is the one that is on the right side mean directly behind you when you are sitting down in the drive seat,it might be dirty,and check how the throttle body is(gum around the plate).

·
Registered
4 Posts
If the engine light comes on, it usually means that one of the many sensors have a problem. Best thing to do, is to have a MITSUBISHI dealer to connect the diagnostic tool to it. Sounds like a minor problem. Be sure, that you specify the your car has GDI or regular PGMFI.

·
Registered
88 Posts
well yes if the check light take it to a dealership,anyways my problem like yours has be fix,althought the check light came on,the guys couldnot find any ,problem codes,so change the fuel pump,has gone back work,no hesation or power loss.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The engine warning light comes on intermittently and not always when the revs drop and lose power. The mechanic has put a scope on the pump and the wave form does not change when it loses power so he believes the pump to be ok, I’m know looking for a second hand pump just to eliminate the pump as the problem. How did you know it was the fuel pump?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem with my 1999 IO car behaves ok in the mornings i can drive upto 30km then temperature goes to half engine check comes on and i lose power i have checked my coolant seems ok and no leaks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar problem with my 1999 IO car behaves ok in the mornings i can drive upto 30km then temperature goes to half engine check comes on and i lose power i have checked my coolant seems ok and no leaks
i have similar problem now. Afteran hour of driving the car will stop and wont start for 30minutes.
After 30min it will start again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts