Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here and hope someone on this forum might be able to point me in the right direction. I live in England and have a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Equippe Estate which serves me very well. I have one small issue with the car in that when I reach speeds over 65mph the ABS warning light comes on and the next time you use the brakes the pedal is very soft but the car does stop. The brakes are then fine and the light goes off when you stop and restart the car. I'm told that I need a new rear ABS sensor and the stator ring, (I think that's the correct name). Problem is I can only get these parts in England from a main dealer with a long delay as the parts have to come from Mitsubishi in Japan. The parts are also quite expensive. I had a sudden idea that with the number of Lancers still circulating in your country there must be a better parts supply. Having looked online there are a multitude of such sites in Australia.
My question is - Who would you recommend I contact for availability of the parts, good prices, and whether they will ship to England. Over to you guys and thanks for reading this far and hopefully for some suggestions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2006 Lancer estate, 2.0 sport which has five stud hubs so the sensor ring could be different if yours is a 1.6.

The sensor is available from many manufacturers (Ridex, Japanpart, Stark) so should be available to order from a motor factor, I use Allparts as they are 10 minutes away.
Did the light come on after the rear drop links were changed ?
(Peeked at your MOT History :) )

The sensor ring is less common but available for UK delivery, £19.83 + Postage

will share a link if you still need the parts, not going to forum spam on my first day!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts