Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Replaced my door and carried over the door panel, exterior door handle and lock from original door, but now it's locked and won't open from the inside or outside.

Any ideas as to how to get it open?

Can't seem to remove the door card with the door closed. No amount of playing with the handles or key fob can get the door open.

Getting close to breaking the door card off and just buying another.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
Usually you can get the door panel pryed back enough to grab the actuator shaft with a pair of pliers and toggle the lock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after pulling the weather stripping back and looking in, the outside lock, inside lock and the little lever to lock/unlock all seem to be functioning correctly. Everything seems fine yet the door will not open. It's extremely frustrating and I'm not sure what to try next.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How about trying a Slim Jim? You know, one of those bars used by the police and deputies to open a door from the outside. They pass the bar down along the window and pull up on the rod and bingo- the door is open.
I know I could buy them from a law enforcement supply company when I was a deputy. I don't know about the public buying them. Did you try asking your local police department? Maybe they would do it for you if you drove the vehicle over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts