Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passenger front window wont roll down....new motor and regulator. Supplying 12v direct i can raise and lower it. Also getting 12v constant to it without using switch....but if i toggle switch i get 12v one way and nothing the other.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I know little about more recent models, but I know two things about the windows in my 1992 Toyota Camry. First, I had to dismantle the switch box on the driver's door to bend a contact so that the driver's window would go up. Second, using the driver's switch box, I cannot operate one of the other windows if its own *switch* (not motor) is disconnected, for example, if the door trim is removed.

So, as I always say, check the connections. HTH!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With passenger side plugged in but motor not...probing plug with a multimeter im getting 12v out of plug just sitting. Rocking switch on way it doesnt change then the other no voltage at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Other weird thing is if i put direct current to roll window down then hook motor back up to harness and put key forward window rolls up by itself.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That does sound confusing. I must look at the wiring diagrams, but my guess is that there is some "relay logic" there, so that trying something with some hidden relay ON has a different effect to when the relay is OFF. You would have to sit down with a bottle of aspirin to figure out how it *should* work first.

The manuals I posted a link to have the diagrams. I'm going to have to look where the ABS sensors are wired in...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was the master switch acting up. It was sending constant power to window motor. Put another in and all is well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts