Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just bought my first Mitz Endeavor 2005. I am not sure the Passenger Seat Airbag Indicator is operating properly. When i am alone in the car with no passenger the indicator comes on and stays on the entire time. I would have thought that if there was no passenger or a very light load, the light would have come on briefly while starting the car, but then gone out...but noooo...it stays on which is very annoying, especially at night. Is this normal? Any suggestions to help?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
its normal. When there is nothing in the seat, the light stays on.
when there is a weight greater than about 65 pounds, the light will shut off and the "fasten seatbelt" light will come on. When the belt is fastened with someone in the seat, the lights will be out.

the owners manual tells this.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Originally posted by manybrews@Mar 7 2006, 08:38 PM
its normal.  When there is nothing in the seat, the light stays on.
when there is a weight greater than about 65 pounds, the light will shut off and the "fasten seatbelt" light will come on.  When the belt is fastened with someone in the seat, the lights will be out.

the owners manual tells this.
[snapback]47855[/snapback]​
That, and some models (don't know about Mitsubishi, but a lot of newer cars I've worked with) allow you to turn the key to turn the airbag off when you don't have a passenger or when you have a small child in the seat and it can't detect a person.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I find the bright orange glow of the light very annoying at night. Though I would not recommend it to anyone, it might be possible to place a piece of blue or red cellophane over the light to make it more acceptable. The importance of the light is important, but only when someone is seated in the passenger seat and the light stays on. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts