Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a brand new Outlander PHEV 5HS and currently charging overnight via a standard UK plug socket which takes approx.5-6 hours. my concern is the range states 19 miles when I jump in after unplugging it !! this seems low to me however, is this affected greatly by ambient temperature.

This last week has been wet and not particularly warm I guess around 4-6 degrees centigrade in the night, possibly lower. The car performs as expected and while not being as well built as my previous Lexus I am more than happy so far. Time will tell as I tend to pile on the miles averaging around 30,000 a year.

The main reason for going with the Outlander was company car tax related and the fact that for large parts of the weeks my daily commute is 10 miles round trip from home to work and back. every other week I go to see customers and spend some time in the north of the country visiting family.

Back to the question .... will electric range increase with warmer temps?

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
IIRC the batteries in almost all hybrids are heated which effects your milage in colder temperatures. Turning on your heater if your cold can also effect the milage etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Izerous, have to admit it was less cold last night and the range read 22 miles as opposed to the 19 miles of yesterday. I was expecting it to read around 30 miles though as it did when i picked it up from the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts