Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys newbie here,
i just boought a 94 model express.i want to do it up and just looking for some ideas.some pics would be much appreciated.
cheers!! :beer:

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey dude ive got a '93 express that im doing up. here's a list of what i've done so far. Still got loads to do:

black tint (gonna get chrome tint soon)
lowered it 2.5"
clear altezza tail lights
removed all the **** pinstripes and the mitsubishi logo's and badges
17x8" roh mantis shadow-chrome rims
soft black carpet on the inside of roof and door skins/side trim in the back
red fur material on front door skins and sun visors
alpine mp3 cd player
12" sub
700w amp
aluminium checkerplate lining in parts of the back of the van

That's all i can think of off the top of my head that ive done to my car so far.

here's what i wanna do still:

make a cargo barrier seperating the back from the front, lined with black fur material, and mount 2 6x9" speakers above each front seat, and hav the red fur lined around each speaker, and cover my sub in the red fur, as it is mounted in an angular box between the 2 front seats, and sits perfectly there.

also wanna re-paint it because the current paint job is really really thin, and is easily scratched (can almost scratch off with fingernail). Thinking of painting it the green colour that the new holden VE utes are painted in.

Here's some recent pictures anyway, i dont have any of the interior as i just did it today:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats lookin the goods man. i wanna lower mine first coz its ridiculously high. im also makin a cargo barrier behind the seats but im not sure if ill go half way up or to the roof? i also wanna carpet the inside too.
did u carpet it yourself??
i noticed the fox sticker in the windscreen. do u ride? if so does ur bike fit in the van coz ive heared they dont fit.
also i saw ur other reply about lowering my van. how much did it cost you to lower it? did u reset the springs or just blocks?
anyway try to get some shots of inside if u could :liebe011:
thanks for the reply

:beer:

·
Registered
7 Posts
you can go all the way upto the roof with the cargo barrier if you want, its just whether or not you wanna be able to use your rearview mirror.

im going all the way up.

thing is im not sure whether to make it out of MDF or what. im pretty sure you can actually buy the cargo barrier, so ill have a look at some scrap yards for any old ones. thing is, its made out of mesh i think, so im still gonna hafta line it with something. but that shopuld be easy anyway, because the barrier will give me the shape i want.

and yeah i ride, and no my bike doesnt fit. iv gotta put a ratchet strap from my front axle to the handlebars and ratchet the forks down to get my bike in :laughing:

its a pain in the ****, but who cares, i love my car haha.

and yep i carpeted it myself. its pretty easy. just gotta buy some contact adhesive, which you can get from any hardware stores. make sure u buy some good stuff. u can buy spray on stuff, that works not too bad.

if you want instructions on how to do it i can let ya know.

the sides havnt been carpeted yet though... not sure if im gonna carpet the whole inside. itd be pretty **** time consuming.

also i lowered my car by just using blocks. i might need to do something about the springs though, because one side is slightly higher than the other, and small things like that annoy me :laughing:

if you want any advice on lowering via the blocks then just ask me and ill tell you exactly how i did it.

ill post some pix of the interior later on today sometime.

peace

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah ive sen some fotos of dudes that have made cargo barriers and theyve cut an oval out so they can see out the rear view mirror soo u might wanna do that.

yeah i wanna get a bike but ive got no money ay lol.yeah sounds like a **** to get it in.

yeah ill be lowering it first before anythin else. its soooooo high at the back ay. is it easy to put the blocks in?? let us know how u did it.

yeah mu mate just gave me two 6x9's in wooden boxes. theyve got white leather on em and they look sik soo im gonna put them in somewhere soon enough.

yeah so let us know how u lowered it if u could that would be awesome

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok here's the photos of the interior:

they're pretty crappy photos, and my car is messy as ****.

as for lowering it, this might take a while at first, but after doing it once its easy.

Youll need this:
lowering blocks
hydraulic trolley jack
2 axle stands
and i think its a 17mm socket and spanner. cant remember though.

-jack up the back of the car from the diff
-put an axle stand underneathe each plate on the leaf springs that the u-bolts are bolted onto
-make sure you locate the stands in a position that allows you to get to each of the 4 nuts on the u-bolts.
-let the hydraulic jack off so that the cars weight is supported on the stands.
-undo all of the u-bolts and remove them
-jack up the diff now (as it is no longer bolted to the leaf springs), high enough that you can slip the lowering blocks inbetween the diff and leaf springs. locate them as good as you can
-let the jack back down and make sure the diff, blocks and leaf springs are all located with eachother and put the u-bolts back in. bolt them up as tight as you can, but dont damage the threads
- now jack the car back up and remove the stands, then let the car back down.

DONE

also re-tighten the bolts after, and then again about a week or 2 later as they will stretch slightly.

check the rubber bump stops ontop of the diff, they may now be touching the body of the car or very close to it.

cut about an inch off them if they are dangerously close. a really sharp knife will do that. it also might be easyer to do that when the car was jacked up.

pretty simple. good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that looks sik. im liken the red door trim. very flash haha

yeah that sounds pretty simple. ill give it a go as soon as i get the blocks
thanks a lot for the help ay. i really apreciate it :beer:
ill get some fotos up wen ive done it so u can have a geez!
well let us no wen u do anymore to it and thanks again

·
Registered
46 Posts
here's my run-around... mechanic mate is going to fit a weber 32/36 carby on for me next weekend, hopefully, and then I'll go get a new exhaust and get the extractors I've had sitting around for over a year fitted.

umm mods?
5% rear & side tint, 20% front tint
sub, new front speakers, head unit
lowered 50mm blocks, pod filter
Linea Sport 2piece 16x7 Front & 16x8 rear wheels... which I bought in shabby condition and had repolished and powdercoated gunmetal flake black
oh, and I custom made a wooden twin cupholder for the centre console, since mines a pre-cup holder model

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.