Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm doing up my Mitsubishi 1993 model L300 van for my motocross bike, and I recently put a pod filter on it. When I rev the motor the rocker cover breather hose makes a loud noise. Sounds kindda like an exhaust.

Anyway, to install the pod filter I just ripped the lid off the air filter housing and put the hose straight onto the filter, and i removed the old standard filter so my pod filter just rests inside the housing and the breather hose is just next to it. If I cover the breather hose over a bit then it doesn't make the noise, but otherwise it does.

Do I need to worry about that or nahh? Is it ok just to leave it?

Here's some pics of the work in progress of my van anyway:

·
Registered
210 Posts
You sure its not the air injection valve pumping air into the atmosphere? On the stock airbox depending on the year it will have the air injection pipe just under the normal intake pipe. You will need to disable this otherwise you will hear it.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did the same thing, but I put one of those little breather filters onto that small hose so nothing accidently goes in.

and yeah it sounds louder etc with the pod filter, I've had people ask me if I've put a v8 into the van because the sound of the thing and its made me laugh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts