Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the bottom of my 2014 Outlander SE there are these plastic panels. This one is in the center just in front of the oil filter. On one side the plastic fastener is missing. As a result, the plastic hangs down 3-4 inches on one side, likely reducing fuel economy.

What kind of fastener can I use to attach it? Another picture shows the type of fastener that is missing. I'm guessing it is some sort of barbed plastic mechanism.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Worse still, it might catch on the curb if you park overhanging.

If you can get to both sides, how about nylon nut and bolt? Otherwise you need somewhere that stocks *lots* of fasteners. Sometimes electronic suppliers have a range of fastenings.

Our you could go to a main dealer who can get exactly the correct part from Japan. As in "it's raining Datsun cogs".

·
Registered
43 Posts
Plan (a) Ring dealer or go online to find a make and model parts catalogue, locate part number, search online, locate, and buy,
Plan (b)Or simply head to dealer.
Plan (c) Parts dismantler,breaker,wrecker for 2nd hand plugs
Plan (d) But if you can wait weeks , keep an eye out here for a possible eventual resolution
Plan (e) Butcher it back onto chassis with a HD self driving screw and drill driver.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's called Bumper Cover Clip - Mitsubishi (MR200300)
Keep in mind that this cover clip is not for bumper only

1 - 6 of 6 Posts