Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I would really appreciate some help and input from you fellow Mitsubishi guys @[email protected]

anyway... heres the deal. My birthday is coming up in may, my dad said I can get a new car. I told him i wanted a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. He agreed.

Now heres the problem, I looked up Evo Lancer and found out that X concept is due to come either somewhere around 2007 mid-late or early 2008... I cannot choose between waiting for the X concept to come and then buying it or simply just buy the current evo model IX... IS it really worth waiting for the X concept? or should I simply just buy the current model? I'm confused ><.

Another thing, I really want to buy a evo! I just really, really need to get my hands on one -__-. Should I wait? or should i go buy the evo9. Is the difference between 9 and 10 that extravagant?

Please help me out!

Your feedback is very much appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You have a very kind father!!

If I were you, I would wait for the Evo X! It is a leap of technology advancement.

The Evo IX is good but the X will be totally different. It is worth the wait!

·
Registered
499 Posts
the evo X does look a lot sweeter but I tend to hold back on new product cars for the first 2 years in order for any manufacturer to sort out all the unstoppable bugs that develop.all cars have them and buying a few years after first release genuinely gets you a nicer problem free car thatn buying right from new.the evo IX 340 is a real piece of performance anyway.it boils down to wether you want a car that most evo buyers have got or you want the statement of driving something more unique.

·
Registered
168 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yur dad is letting you get an Evo. OMG how i wish i was you. Congratulations!! :X

Well, I would buy the current Evo IX. I do not like the look of the Exo X. Its just not the Evo, the tail lights changes, and i don't like the front. Besides, I wouldn't want to wait. And the Evo IX is powerful enough, seriously, you'll still enjoy the Evo IX. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Seriously dont even think about getting the EVO X yet... body looks terrible compared to the 8's and 9's... and i really dont know if they've even given an estimate of the X... im guessing it'll be 40-45 grand plus... and i highly doubt there will be any EVO X's driving within this year... To me it depends on what your trying to do with the car ... daily driver EVO 9... Car collection EVO 10...

·
Registered
5 Posts
It really depends on what you want from the car. The IX is a undiluted driving experiance, it's not all pretty inside with all the comforts of home. With the X, Mitsubishi is moving the car range upscale to compete against the 3 series, C class, A4, IS 250/350 range of cars.

If you want a barebones street fighter get the IX, if you wnat GPS, soft carpet and interior trim that doesn't look like mouse fur, get the X.

Personally, I just bought an IX MR.

Peace,
John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts