Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everybody. I'm a newbie. I have a 94 Galant Super Saloon with auto transmission. When I shifted to drive/reverse mode, the revs dropped to 600-700 rpm causing engine vibration and eventual shutdown. The local mechanic replaced the servo drive assembly and cleaned the throttle assembly but still the problem exists. In idle mode the revs seem to be normal. I have to give a little gas to avoid engine shutdown.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI
Check the intake hose between the MAF sensor and the throtle body for cracks
or a loose clamp
Some times when u go from drive to reverse, the engine moves forward and if you have that hose loose the engine idle drops rpm or rought
Sorry about my english I`m from Ecuador South America
good luck
Clubman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
appreciate your concern, but i checked the intake hose for cracks or loose clamps and everything seems ok. I would like to rephrase my question to give you a clearer picture.If I am in drive(D) at a stop the RPM start to go down to about 600revs and causes engine vibration, also same thing happens when in reverse ®.But when I put it in park (P) or neutral(N) position the RPM goes back to normal.my local mechanic replaced the servo drive assy and clean the throttle assy but same problem still exist. I would appreciate very much any feedback from readers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Manggie @ Apr 7 2008, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
appreciate your concern, but i checked the intake hose for cracks or loose clamps and everything seems ok. I would like to rephrase my question to give you a clearer picture.If I am in drive(D) at a stop the RPM start to go down to about 600revs and causes engine vibration, also same thing happens when in reverse ®.But when I put it in park (P) or neutral(N) position the RPM goes back to normal.my local mechanic replaced the servo drive assy and clean the throttle assy but same problem still exist. I would appreciate very much any feedback from readers.[/b]
I own a 97 Galant as well, and I'm having the exact same issue (happens randomly, usually when it's cold). A normal idling speed in neutral (N) or park (P) would effectively eliminate the idle servo drive assembly and a dirty throttle assy. The engine itself is idling properly.

If it's idling find in park (P) or neutral (N), the problem must then lie within the transmission, as when you're in park and neutral, the transmission is effectively disengaged.
Something inside the transmission is causing the engine to work a lot harder than it should at idle.

This would then indicate to me that there may be a problem inside the torque converter itself. There is a chance that the lockup solenoid is bad or slipping. What you need to do is go ahead and do a full transmission flush. This is the simplest, and cheapest solution. Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts