Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a strange problem. When I start the car it idles at around 3000 rpm and some times it smokes grey smoke. I learned that if I shut it off and start it again 2-3 it will start normal. But yesterday I tryed to start it and it was idleing with the high rpms. I tryed the method I learned but didn't work. So I tryed to start and shut the car off probably 300 times. Then I unplugged the MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR and the car started idlein at normal RPMs but did not have any power. So I bought a brand new MAF sensor for $300 and installed it and the car was running fine. And the next morning I tryed to start the car again and the same thing happend again with the high RPMs :( and when I unplugged the MAF sensor the car start idleing normal but with no power again.
Please somebody help me with my problem. I have the check engine light ON and it says that its the MAF sensor :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
look for vacuum leaks. take some carb spray and douche anywhere there is vacuum. when or if u hear the engine change tone u know u have one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where should I douche with the carb spray? Like every hose that is connected to the intake manifold and the pipe between the MAF sensor and the manifold??? And by changing tone do you mean changing the RPMs?
I think there might be a leak cuz I can hear something like an air leak but I checked every clamp on the bigger hoses and they are pretty tight.
Sorry about all the questions but I am new to the forums,
Thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
it may be the vacuum sensors that are defective they are located on the firewall at the back of the engine two little black ones and a red valve see if u can get a set from the junkyard no more than $10 and that may fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts