Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to this forum but heard great things about people being helpfull so hopefully I'll get some answers.

My issue is that I've fitted a new battery and now my car struggles to start, once it's been on 30seconds with a little help of the throttle it'll hold idle for 5 minutes but very low revs, then a small surge of a couple of hunder revs then it'll die.

Oddly once it's been on 30 seconds with help of the throttle, if I turn the AC on, the revs pep up and it'll hold idle for ever.

I've heard of idle reset procedures but cant find anything specific to my Shogun Pinin 2002 2.0ltr GDI

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all, new to this forum but heard great things about people being helpfull so hopefully I'll get some answers.

My issue is that I've fitted a new battery and now my car struggles to start, once it's been on 30seconds with a little help of the throttle it'll hold idle for 5 minutes but very low revs, then a small surge of a couple of hunder revs then it'll die.

Oddly once it's been on 30 seconds with help of the throttle, if I turn the AC on, the revs pep up and it'll hold idle for ever.

I've heard of idle reset procedures but cant find anything specific to my Shogun Pinin 2002 2.0ltr GDI

The first thing I would check is your ground connections, especially the ground strap to the engine block. Verifying good circuit connections is always first in any electrical troubleshooting. Beyond that, I don’t know if your model has a mechanical idle adjustment (throttle stop) to adjust or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts

[/QUOTE]

Try cleaning throttle body. Disconnect the battery again, remove the TB clean it with TB cleaner. Don't force theT plate. If possible remove the MAS and clean it with MAS cleaner (Not with TB Cleaner).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts