Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... New to the forum, and I'm checking out the 2008 Outlander. The truck is an XLS 2WD, with nav, towing package, sun/sound, luxury...

I'm looking at a lease deal, as well. 12k miles, and under 48 months.

Over on another "townhall" car forum, folks are claiming $1500 below invoice. That would place it at $26 to 26,5k roughly. Is this realistic?

Hoping to hear what kinds of experiences you all had. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
You may go to Edmunds.com to find out how much average customers are paying for the vehicle you want to buy.

I expect to buy the 2008 Outlander XLS 4WD at Invoice prices. Generally the prices fluctuate $24,000 for the basic, $28,000 with 2 options, and $28,000 with the navigation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I paid about $27500 for a fully loaded XLS. I could have sat there and whittled away for hours on end, it was a very slow day, but I was in a bit of a hurry. Anywhere at or near invoice is fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got a 2007 leftover XLS with no other options for around $21K out the door with tax and registration. I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
we also got a leftover 2007 for 20K and we love ours also.....(except my wife has a lead foot with the 220 hp)
(3 ticks since we got it)
i dont know much about leasing tho...

·
Registered
6 Posts
i got a brand new 2008 outlander xls with sun and sound, luxury, and tow packages for 26000 back in march.

and in regards to having to sit there all day to whittle them down, atleast at the dealership i went to (Kirkwood, MO mitsubishi) the entire process took less than 2 hours from walking in the door to walking out with the keys in my hand.

they started talks with the sticker price which was about 28500 and i countered with 25800...they then countered with 26500 (quite the jump from their initial offer)... then i countered with 26000 and they took it...needless to say i was pretty pleased with my first car buying experience.

used this site for a lot of the tips during negotiating.
http://www.carbuyingtips.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts