Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frankly, I'm tired of having oxygen sensor problems. I've replaced all the oxygen sensors twice with the last time with expensive Denso sensors. I've been working at this problem for a quite some time. I even replaced the front catalytic converter at mucho bucks.
I thought if I kept working at it, I could get all trouble codes taken care of and finally the check engine light would stay off.
After several hundred dollars, I'm ready to throw in the towel. I've got 250,000 miles on it and I'm not going to put any more money into fixing the emissions.
Can someone please tell me the correct color of the wire going to the check engine light? I'm going to cut it. Don't worry, I won't sell it to anyone that way. I'll scrap the thing.
Please don't tell me to keep at it. I'm exhausted and broke from this **** problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Don't cut the wire. Get a cheapo code reader, and reset the codes if you ever want to see any other fault codes.
If you are dead set on cutting wires, and I have to admit it can be therapeutic, try replacing an O2 sensor with a resistor, which I believe can pretend to be a working sensor. Perhaps it goes without saying that the ECU won't get anything useful out of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If your sensors are working,you can just get some spark plug unfoulers,drill them out and place them between the o2 sensor and the exhaust.I did this after both converters failed and have not had a code sense.If you do a search you should find exactly what to buy and what to drill.It cost me under 25 bucks to do this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s not the sensors. It’s the heater core that’s not reading properly until the vehicle gets up to temperature. It’s common. Your O2 sensors are fine. Once the vehicle gets to running temp, there’s no problems but the code will still sho

1 - 6 of 6 Posts