Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much it would cost to install a new head unit to my 2004 Lancer ES? I get an error code "E 01" when I insert a perfectly good cd in and I commute to school everyday, and occasionally drive 200+ miles on weekends to visit my family and girlfriend. What I mean to say is, I want something I could listen to, and a radio transmitter for my iPod is a definite no because my antennae is in the back of my car; I'll have to hold the radio transmitter on the ceiling of my car in the back in order for the signals to be intercepted. Any suggestions? I'm really considering just getting a new head unit with AUX and CD player to satisfy my need for music.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Well you have options.

I don't know what stores you have around you, but a new stereo should cost around $100-150 (installation included).

Places that do stereo installations: Best Buy, Circuit City, or smaller audio shops.

This car is very easy to install a stereo on. If you buy the stereo from www.crutchfield.com they will include step-by-step instructions and all of the necessary hardware to install the stereo.

Hope that helps.

I'm a little confused, what's wrong with your antenna.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I tried using a radio transmitter for my iPod, and the only way that would work is if the antenna is close enough for the transmitter to intercept the signal the antennae is retrieving, but the antennas in 2004 lancer es are on the roof towards the back of the car. My antenna is perfect and it receives signal fine, but the radio transmitter just isn't close enough when it's on the dashboard of my car. That's why I just plan to change the whole head unit so I can play my iPod via AUX, and I'm sure the music quality will be much better via AUX rather than signal interception from a transmitter.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Oh, you mean an FM Modulator.

You can get an FM Modulator that plugs right into the antenna socket on the back of the stereo.

Yes, the sound quality would be better through an AUX input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts