Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
These are the instructions for our magna AKA Diamante in your market and I'm pretty sure they were built here but I know they have some differences. I don't know if it applies but give it a try if you like.

If you have more than one remote, you need to do both at the same time otherwise you'll have one that works and one that does not.

to enter programming mode, turn the ignition key from ACC to On position 3 times within 5secs leaving it at the on position on the third turn.

The hazard lamps will flash once if successful.(programming mode)

within 5 secs of this, press any button on the remote, if successful the hazards will blink again.

within the next 5 secs , press any button on the next remote.

switch off the ignition and test the remotes.

hopefully this will work for you otherwise I'm sure someone from your market will have the correct procedure for you shortly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried to set remote.
My car is not able to go to set mode.
Can't get hazard lights to go on for a sec, to in-gauge learning mode .
Tried both ways.
Also pin 1 and 4 if i remember correct my abs light starts to blink.
Otherwise electronics on the car work great
Any tips.
I checked the pinned area

·
Registered
3 Posts
another way

After exhausting all ideas on how to program my new, remote key fobs I called a friend who put me in touch with a Mitsubishi Tech. I was told that the only way to access the programming mode -- to register my new fobs -- is with a scan tool. And it needs to be a full service scan tool like they use at the dealerships or a certified repair center. Not the type that reads codes.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
another way

After exhausting all ideas on how to program my new, remote key fobs I called a friend who put me in touch with a Mitsubishi Tech. I was told that the only way to access the programming mode -- to register my new fobs -- is with a scan tool. And it needs to be a full service scan tool like they use at the dealerships or a certified repair center. Not the type that reads codes.

I hope this helps.
There has to be a work around, there always is one somewhere. I heard the same thing about my 2004 Diamante LS as well. I'm sure someone out there has found a way around this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts