Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to set the 2008 outlander fast key to unlock all the doors from the driver's door? it will unlock all doors from the passenger side and tailgate, but not the driver's door. the owners manual says it can be setup to do this, but i can't find any instructions on how. its a little annoying to have to open the door and then hit the unlock button on the door...kind of defeats the purpose of a fast key.
thanks
matt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, I would like to know this as well. The manual states, "Settings can be changed so that all the doors and the tail gate are unlocked automatically by F.A.S.T.-key operation." but doesn't explain how to do this.

Thanks.

(I'm new here and the proud new owner of a 2008 Outlander SE!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Went to the dealer today to ask them how to to do this. Turns out if you don't have the Nav system, they have to do it for you (by hooking up a laptop to it).

It took about 10 minutes.

Easy.

Good luck.

G

·
Originally posted by darkhorse82@Mar 12 2008, 03:22 PM
Went to the dealer today to ask them how to to do this. Turns out if you don't have the Nav system, they have to do it for you (by hooking up a laptop to it).

It took about 10 minutes.

Easy.

Good luck.
[snapback]149269[/snapback]​
dude thats not always true even if the dealership says they have to they may just not know that if you hold down the lock or unlock button for like 15 seconds you hear a beep. there is like 3 or 4 settings so for each setting it is on it will beep that many times. and all you have to do is test which setting it is on. sometimes especially with new cars not under warranty they will lie to you to get paid. i know lots of shops that do it. you should look in your owners manual and look up locking functions. it should tell you in your book if you need the dealership to do the change or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks.

I'm just saying this is how I solved it, your results may vary.

I did read the manual as stated above thread and it didn't go into detail. I know what you're referring to when you say to hold the button down on the key fob to go into program mode but that's for something different (changes the alerts e.g., flash lights when locked etc.)

It didn't cost me anything and my dealership is less than 10 minutes away.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts