Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
In the interior shot the tachometer only goes to 6000 rpm.....
.....Personally i dont think this is the full evo engine,that or its a very limited early model for show only. The previous lancers dont sound like huge power beasts i know but this sounds completly gutless.Why is their no VOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM sound that you get with a turbo?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya.

Well, the highest NUMBER on the tach is 6K, but there looks like there's enough room after the "6" mark on the tach for extra revs.

I really hope that redline on this thing is 7-7.5K at least.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by KBanks@Jul 25 2007, 09:27 AM
Why do you want higher RPM's?  Wouldn't it be better if you could get the same efficiency at a lower RPM?
[snapback]105697[/snapback]​
Well, if you only have a 4 banger to start with, you want a decent rev range. A mid sized 4cyl with high output is going to be inherently weak down low.

Strap a turbo do it (like the 4B11T) and you have to add turbo lag to the equation. The turbo won't fully spool until around ~3000rpm. That gives you about 4000rpm of usable power band assuming a 7000rpm redline. If you want to increase your power band by say...1000rpm, you have two choices: 1-increase the redline by 1000rpm, or 2-decrease the spool time by 1000rpm. (Or you could do a little of both).

Point is, it's easier to make the engine rev higher than it is to make the same turbo spool 33% faster.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Cool. Check out the new twin turbo inline six on the 3 series BMW. Variable vane geometry turbos are the future. That thing makes crazy torque at like 1500RPM.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
man i would buy one.i always wanted an evo.i was going to get a evo 9 but the wife did not want stick so we got a 06 eclipse gs for her and we trded in after 6 months.man this forum is dead this time of day.i'm so bored.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by KBanks@Jul 27 2007, 09:01 AM
Cool.  Check out the new twin turbo inline six on the 3 series BMW.  Variable vane geometry turbos are the future.  That thing makes crazy torque at like 1500RPM.
[snapback]105988[/snapback]​
Two of my friends have that car. Cool car. Didn't know it was a variable vane turbo. But yes, those turbos are the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts