Mitsubishi Forums banner

Question About Intake

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  emc 3000gt 
#1 ·
Ok i know it would be a cheap way to go but I was wondering what you guys might think about getting one of those cheap intakes off of ebay just for the adapter and then getting a K&N or Some other good filter attached to it. Would it really make that much difference to go all the way and spend close to $200 for a complete name brand system or would this do good to get a few extra horses???

#2 ·
thats exactly what your supposed to do to get the best intake for the price. cheap intake pipe/adapter/cone off of ebay, then just go to your local auto store and get a K&N filter. under 100$ and just as good as the 200$ ones.

#6 ·
ok one last question. I was considering getting the adapter and then making a cold air intake but a friend of mine told me to go with the Ram air instead because of the potential of water going in through the intake if its raining. I live in Arizona so we dont get much rain except once a year. How big is the risk of getting a cold air vs. a Ram air and is there any performance difference???? Thanks for any help

#8 ·
As Rob said it is true, I did some testing with a lower air intake and provide better performance that the air intake I own :( unfortunately the guy I bought the eclipse from just told me

"It looks cool"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.